The essence of conflicts has been seen in every department of an organization. It defines the situation where preferred outcomes appear to be incompatible, cognition leads to antagonist situation. The definition of conflicts in an organization lies in three aspects
1- A goal conflicts where end states outcomes come into sight is incompatible
2- Cognitive situation in which goals are inconsistent
3- Affective situation where emotions are feelings are incompatible
Conflicts are a very common feature of any organization that exists in many forms other than competition. A manager should analyze the conflicts from a different point of view, at first they should consider its positive aspects then move to its negative entitlement. Finally discuss the level of conflicts occur within an organization (Erdenk,& Altuntaş, 2017). Here in this blog, we are trying to provide levels of conflicts framework along with discussing how conflict management uses resolution techniques to get a better solution for the particular conflict.
The five levels of conflicts found in an organization are Intrapersonal, interpersonal, intra organizational, intergroup. As opined by essay writer and online assignment help experts, each conflict is relatable to leadership where two or might be three people experiencing discomforting differences. In the next section, we have tried to give a brief introduction on each level of conflicts resisting change-
Interpersonal-It involved within an individual visualized, even more, when their outcomes are mutually exclusive and have compatible elements
It may arise due to several reasons-
- Due to approach conflicts where person develop conflicts because of similar opportunities
- Some employee may find personality difference as the main cause of the growing problem
- Varied background or experiences or difference in education lead conflict formulation based on various perception
- When values and interest clashes at the same time
- Abraham Zalenznik once said the organization is a political structure so that other coin side could be estimated if there is a political difference there would be higher chances of conflicts presence(Myatt, 2012)
- It has been seen conflicts among employee due to scare resources often increases at a much faster rate
A group facing conflicts often resolve their issues via research consensus or this can escort discussion end up on disagreements (Roche, & Teague, 2012). Following essay helper point of view, substantive conflicts surrounding particular issues crop up intellectual disagreements among group members. This can be also associated with emotional imbalances between interpersonal clashes,
The success of any organization largely belongs to the relationship between interdependent groups. A manager study intergroup conflicts just to configure solution management used to deal with conflicts
Intra organizational Conflicts
A four type of intra organizational conflicts appeared in a successful company like vertical conflicts, horizontal, like staff conflicts, managing and role conflicts. There is a hierarchy of conflicts appears right from an individual to upper management level. The different characteristics of conflicts are frequently surfacing several conflicts oblique
In case you are seeking more information on conflict management, then pay for an essay would be an easy method where you will get ample information on conflicts management, available at ArabEssay.
Conflict Management- A ray for Unresolved conflicts
Developing an effective conflict resolution is same as developing a sustainable business model. If conflicts remain unresolved, it may result in decreasing the company’s productivity, creative stifling, and barrier formation among collaboration and development (McKibben, 2017).
Since conflicts are a normal part of an organizational setting, but the challenges lie in how you should choose a dealing procedure. Whether you avoid, conceal or ignore, conflicts fester to grow resentment
In an outlook of Schein, some of the effective issues helpful in disintegrating conflicts are-
- Goal structure– all the units of individual should perceive a clear understanding of the goal or objective of the company. They must be aware of their responsibility and the importance of their role
- Reward System- A reward or compensation should be given in such a way it doesn’t allow any conflicts among units. It should reflect the degree at which interdependence among groups(Health.net 2020)
- Communication and Trust– Individual should be encouraged to participate in core activities so that they can understand each other’s problems and their importance within the group
- Coordination– A manager should make sure entire activities should be well-coordinated
Other than that a manager can use resolving conflicts behavior techniques to attain maximum objectives through given below techniques suggested by Essay writer in Jalan Bani Bu Hassan–
Various researchers have identified five major strategies companies are using taking into account to reduce the behavioral impact of conflicts-
- Ignoring– In some situation, it has found the manager looks for a passive role and avoid conflicts. For a manager perspective, they should involve themselves only in those topics that can be extended or showing the way of controversy
- Covering up– This simply refers to appealing individual needs rather highlight conflicts within a group. But since the emotions are not completely uncovered, it may again resurface it in the course of time
- Compromising– It is useful techniques to balance the demand of both the parties through a process of bargaining and negotiation (Prause, & Mujtaba, 2015)
- Forcing– When the dominator has the power to shuttle down conflicts, the situation posing trouble maker can be easily combated
- Solving problem– Confront conflicts is the last option managers used to face the real consequences of conflicts and to gain the best solution
If you require more information more on conflicts or seeking someone who can write my essay, then ArabEssay is the best option for you.
In this blog, we have first defined the several meaning of conflicts as per organization perspective and there we came to know conflicts are a very common feature of any organization exists in many forms other than competition. Aftermath we have defined The five levels of conflicts found in an organization follows as Intrapersonal, interpersonal, intra organizational, or intergroup. Then we have shared some useful tips to control or solve conflicts by reviewing several journals. Out which the most prominent is compromising techniques usually used to balance the demand of both the parties through a process of bargaining and negotiation.
Erdenk, N., & Altuntaş, S. (2017). Do personality traits of nurses have an effect on conflict management strategies?. Journal of Nursing Management, 25(5), 366-374.
Health.net(2020). CONFLICT MANAGEMENT. Available at-
McKibben, L. (2017). Conflict management: importance and implications. British Journal of Nursing, 26(2), 100-103.
Myatt.M(2012). 5 Keys of Dealing with Workplace Conflict. Available at-
Prause, D., & Mujtaba, B. G. (2015). Conflict management practices for diverse workplaces. Journal of Business Studies Quarterly, 6(3), 13.
Roche, W., & Teague, P. (2012). Do conflict management systems matter?. Human resource management, 51(2), 231-258.