The world is going through a crisis time and in order to safeguard oneself from the threat of exposing yourself to the virus employers have adapted the process of remote interviews. This particular invention relates to a network interview system that holds an interview on the internet for immediate recruitment. The purpose is to provide a remote interview session for a job seeker. It involves a connection of two individual computers connected to one another with the help of internet. One is with the employer and the second is with the job seeker.( Lin,et,al, 2005) In this article we are going to share remote job interview tips with students that will help them crack interviews efficiently.
Process Of A Remote Job Interview
The entire process of a remote job interview is broken down in the following steps-
1. Applying, 2, Screening, 3. Short Listing, 4. Telephonic Interview, 5. Written Examination, 6. One-On Session with the Employer, 7. Documentation and Background Verification, 8. Employment.
The below image shows the steps of a remote job interview
- Applying – The process of a remote job interview starts the day a candidate submits his or her resume in an organization. Unlike traditional ways of recruitment where students use to write physical letters to organizations and send it across through post then wait for a reply from them today candidates who feel they are suitable for a particular job role and have the particular expertise can send in their applications to organizations through emails. The best part about applying a job online is that now candidates do not need to wait for weeks and months to hear from their recruiters. The moment they send in their application they receive a auto generated email from the recruiter’s end that tells them that their application has been successfully sent and received by the concerned department. Students are often seen taking help from assignment help from ArabEssay to prepare a professional resume that highlights the required information before they send it to recruiters.
- Screening – The next step is screening where the recruiters screen all the applications based on their requirements. This was previously a manual process and took days but with the invention of software recruiters are now able to screen thousands of applications in minutes. Moreover since the entire screening is done with the help of software the accuracy levels are higher. There are lesser chances of human errors and its faster compared to the traditional methods of screening. The requirements are feed in the computer and the CV is filtered according to the requirements by the organizational heads using software.
- Short Listing– Immediately after the screening is complete the resumes of the candidates that match the requirement of the recruiters are shortlisted and an email is sent to prospective candidates. There are online job portals where students can apply for a job instead of directly sending it to the organization. The reason being that these online job portals constantly track the status of job applications and send updates to students because of which they do not need to visit the organization personally to seek updates.
- Telephonic Interview– Prospective candidates who were required to come to the organization after receiving the letter of short listing do not need to travel anywhere. Organizations now arrange for an telephonic interview with the candidate and share the details with them. It saves time and helps students become more confident because they are not facing the recruiters directly. Students are asked basic questions about why they are applying for the job and their expectations from the organization during the interview. However it is advised that students practice mock calls before they face the telephonic interview to avoid faltering and stammering during the interview.
- Written Examination- There are organizations that demand candidates to give a written test. In case of remote job interview they are made to answer their papers sitting online within a stipulated time and then submit the paper in the online portal of the organization. In most cases the questions that the candidates are given to answer are one word questions with multiple options where the candidates need to pick the right option. Students who have never faced a online written test before can seek expert guidance from online assignment help from ArabEssay experts.
- One On One Session With The Employer- Traditionally after the candidates successfully completed the telephonic round and written examination they were sent a call letter from the employer and asked to meet the recruiter in person for a one on one session. But times have changed. With the advancement of technology today there is no need for candidates to travel. Post successful completion of the telephonic interview and written examination candidates are called on a face to face interview using the video conferencing software where they can speak, see and listen to the recruiter at the same time through a software. It is advised that candidates are dressed formally when they face this online session and keep a smile on their face as they speak to their employer.
- Documentation– Prospective candidates who have been selected for a job are sent a list of documents after the completion of the face to face interview via email. They are generally asked to send in the scanned copy of their documents. It is advised that candidates make sure the scanned copy of the required documents are clear and legible and are sent in the prescribed size and format to the recruiter within the desired time frame.
- Background Verification- The background verification of the candidates are also done electronic mediums. The recruiters send the details of the candidate to the concerned companies through email, and fax and receive the required information in hours time from concerned departments.
- Employment– Today the job confirmation is also sent to candidates through emails along with the salary details, appointment letter and terms and conditions of employment. It is advised that the candidates read the terms carefully before accepting them and seek for clarifications in case they find difficulties in understanding the terms of employment/.
Tips For Cracking A Remote Job Interview
Below mentioned are some remote job interview tips for students.
- Prepare a clear concise and impressive resume.
- Students are not advised to reply to every email sent by the recruiter immediately.
- Prepare a dedicated space where they can sit and give the interview without getting distracted.
- Students are advised to dress formally and check their internet connection, camera and mike before they appear for an online interview.
- Read the terms of employment carefully and confidently answer the questions of the recruiter.
Therefore it can be said that remote job interviews have fast tracked the pace of interviews and also lead to accurate analyzing helping organizations find the correct employee for their organization. However it is advised that candidates facing a remote job interview must undergo mock interviews to have a clear idea about the interview. They must also be accustomed with the software and work on their communication skills to avoid faltering during the interview sessions. They can take online assignment help from ArabEssay experts in case they feel they do not have the required experience to face a remote job interview.
Anderson, H. (2010). Phone interview tips for savvy candidates.
Corfield, R. (2010). Knockout Job Interview Presentations: How to Present with Confidence Beat the Competition and Impress Your Way into a Top Job. Kogan Page Publishers.
Higgins, M. (2014). Prepare for a job interview by video link with these tips from Mike Higgins Close up on remote interviews. Nursing Standard, 29(7).
Lin, W. S. (2005). U.S. Patent Application No. 11/126,173.