Telephones were initially invented to speak to a person sitting miles away. They were wired, and kept at one place. After a few years mobiles were invented which could be carried easily.
With time and the growing requirements of people mobiles underwent a lot of changes and have become smarter. Today mobiles are used not just to get in touch and speak to people but also to send mails, transfer money, online bill payments, make reservations etc. These are merely some of the functions that can be done through mobiles. The invention of internet has made mobiles even smarter and enable them to perform any kind of electronic activities. This is precisely why mobiles are called smart phones today.
In this article we are going to discuss both the positive and negative aspects of a smart phone in the workplace.
Students can avail online assignment help from their smart phones sitting in their classrooms.
Smart phones were introduced in the work place due to various reasons and the most important reason was to stay in touch with the employees. The other reasons are listed below-
- In order to increase productivity all, the big and small companies make use of technology. The companies developed different kinds of tools for internal communication. For example, micro-blogging platforms, wikis, internal social networks, and internal instant message service. These tools are private and secure which help to reach the employees of an organization without Hassel. These tools save on a lot of time and energy of the employees. Smartphones were allowed on the work-place because these tools work best on the platform of smart phones and can be utilized at its fullest because employees carry their smart phones everywhere.
- In order to reduce costs and increase productivity companies started a policy called BYOD- Bring Your Own Device. Which allowed employees to carry their own devices to work. Smartphones is not just necessity but also a luxury that people have. Allowing people to show off their favorite smart phone to work inspired employees to work better in the work place. This program is called Individual Liable Device Program (ILD) This program has been utilized in more than 20 countries since 2009.
- Smartphones helps to improve relationships with both peers and superiors. Because it acts as a common interest. Similarly, students can seek online essay help from smart phones and get in touch with experts any time for their assignments.
- Smartphones helps people connect with each other all the time through internet.
- It helps in expanding knowledge and encourages knowledge sharing in the workplace. Today even students access smart phones to get in touch with ein school.
But as we look at the positive angle of using a smart phone at a work place and talk about its advantages,there is also a negative side to it that we should not miss.
- A new type of addiction has developed among employees due to excessive use of smart phones. This is known as mobile addition. Due to this addiction employees seem to be distracted all the time and have low productivity in the work place, simply because they can’t take their eyes off the phone.
- Smartphones have become a part of people’s lives. Every year new smart phones are being invented with a lot of new features. At some places it has been observed that using smart phones have turned into an obsession for people. They spend a lot of money in buying accessories for their phones as well. This takes away a lot of time away from their productive hours.
- People have become self-centered and spend most of their leisure time with their phones. Even in work place the one on one communication has considerably decreased due to the excessive usage of smart phones.
- People are so involved in their smart phones that they have stopped socializing with people. Whether it’s a party or a work place. This irritates people on the other side who are trying to communicate.
- Since smart phones allows people to work from anywhere. Most people land up wasting productive hours in the office and bring work home because of which they undergo unnecessary stress.
- They fail to maintain work-life balance which hampers both their professional and personal lives.
- People using smart phones for work often land up being over worked due to working extra hours on daily basis.
- Similarly, they tend to bring their personal issues in their workplace which makes them less productive.
- People using smart phones fail to follow business etiquettes as well.
Essay writing help enables students to seek assistance in writing their assignments on time sitting in their comfort zone just like smart phones.
Thus, we can say that smart phones have both negative and positive impacts on the work place. In order to increase the productivity of smart phones a lot of companies have taken different measures realizing the fact that if its usage is not kept under control it can be disastrous for the growth of any organization.
Some measures taken are listed below-
- Companies have started instructing employees to create a to-do-list where the employees are supposed to write what they need to do on daily basis to keep a check on their productivity and help them remain focused during the office hours.
- Organizations have started carving out breaks where they are allowed to use their smart phones for a very limited period of time. This has helped the organizations to keep a check on the mobile usage of the employees.
- Employees are advised to switch off their cell phones and close social networking sites to avoid being distracted during working hours until their break times. This practice has reduced the usage of smart phones in the work place.
There are assignment writers available online to help professionals with their assignments while they are busy in other activities.
Smart phones act as a blessing for organizations if its usage can be controlled.