The recent pandemic COVID19 has resulted in a massive change in the landscape of global marketing. However, in spite of all that the key global marketing trends that still persist are brand, digital, design and localization.
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail the global issues in higher education and the impact of global market trends in higher education.
Challenges In Higher Education Due To Globalization
The educational institutions have been following the traditional methods of teaching allowing students to sit in small classrooms and be guided by a dedicated instructor.
- But due to the growing population, these methods are not scalable and cost-effective. It has become a challenge for universities to meet up the student’s requirements using these methods.
- Students travel from all corners of the world to pursue higher education. They come from different cultures, traditions, and financial backgrounds. A need to educate students at different stages presents several challenges for the educational institutions. It becomes difficult for educational institutions to come up with modules and strategies that would apply to the general mass of students.
- The technological advancements influencing the education system is also a challenge for universities and colleges. The learning processes are changing, and professors are being replaced by mechanical tutors. Machines are used for data tracking to gauge the progress of the students to improve the quality of training.
- The latest teaching techniques like engaged learning and flipped classrooms demand change in the fundamental ways of learning which includes both the teachers and students. This demand is difficult for universities to fulfill.
- Globalization has emerged an urgent need for a new skillset among students to equip so that they can cope with the changing technologies. These skills include computer programming and data science. Therefore balancing the curriculum in a way that has space for the inclusion of these new subjects is also a challenge for the institutes.
- Many students migrate to developing countries to pursue higher education from different financial backgrounds. Residential courses have led to a considerable hike in the average cost of food and accommodation to meet the standards of the students. This is also a major challenge for the educational institution as it results in uneven budgeting resulting to losses.
The Measure Took By Educational Institutions To Cope With Global Market Trends
Therefore to meet the requirements of the students and cope with the changing technologies in the global market, educational institutions have taken up the following measures-
- Educational institutions need to collaborate with other institutions worldwide; therefore there is an urgent requirement of investment to develop software implementation services. This will help institutions to cope with cultural changes. It is important to understand the requirements and set goals to achieve desired results.
- There is a need to make changes to the existing risk management strategies and also prepare to deal with new risks that would evolve due to globalization. Risk management strategies implemented by institutions cannot be stagnant following the same controlling measures. The enterprise approach in universities and colleges will allow schools and universities to be proactive and deal with the crisis in an appropriate manner. Assignment writer has already been taking this approach and preparing students online to deal with the changing methodologies of teaching. They have developed strategies to increase resilience among students by identifying the causes of threats. They have also been holding online workshops where students are exposed to customized risk programs to help students deal with the crisis.
- Global trends in higher education have led to the requirement of cyber risk management. To support the technological demands the IAM also known as Identify and Access Management capabilities need to be increased. This is a workable option for higher education. Because of being pocket-friendly, it has helped reduce costs that were involved with cyber risk management.
- The educational institution should consider collaborating with other institutions to deal with the financial crisis occurring due to globalization. Mergers can help educational institutions sail through the financial upheavals. This required universities and colleges to create a strong case to attract stakeholders, reflecting the vision of the institutes for a high-value potential merger, obtaining sustainability through extensive research, and outlining to choose an idol partner who would be aligned to the goals of the university.
- More than have of the paid work can be automated with the existing technology. There is a massive requirement to teach the upcoming generation the importance of resilience and ingrain an entrepreneurial spirit in them for them to cope with the emerging changes in the job market.
- According to a survey report by UNESCO almost 75% of global stem graduating students are to be found in countries like Brazil, China, Russia, India, and South Africa by the year 2030.
- As per the new trends in world demography, there is a massive shift of people to urban centers to pursue higher education in high-income countries.
- A recent survey report by UNESCO suggests that by the year 2030 there would be a considerable hike in the number of students pursuing higher education in developing countries. As per the statistical report, 120 million students would be enrolled in higher education among which 2.3 million would be international students which gives a hike of 50% to international student enrollment.
Therefore, it can be said that emerging global trends in higher education is leading to a lot of changes in the education system. And the demands have been constantly on the rise. These have given a huge platform to online education to help deal with the changing scenarios of the global market. Universities have been implementing various strategies to provide the best education to their students adapting the new teaching methods and making the desired changes to make the most of it.
ArabEssay offers online assignment help to students and train students using the latest technologies and get them accustomed with the global changes taking place all over the world.