A powerful introduction is always the key to a strong article. An introduction is mostly responsible to decide on whether the article is going to hold people’s attention or not.
So, in this article we are going to tell you about the creative writing techniques of a powerful introduction, which is going to retain the interest of the readers.
- The First sentences or the introductory lines should be kept short. Short sentences are likely to be better comprehended, compared to long sentences. Start the article with one or two crisp short sentences that catches the reader’s eyes.
- You should focus on grabbing the reader’s attention by writing something unusual. The first few sentences should be written in a way; it develops a sense of curiosity in the reader and leads him to read the article in detail.
- Title should not be repeated in the introduction. Instead the introduction should lead to an interesting body which demonstrates the title of the article.
- People don’t like wasting time in reading anything that does not retain their interest so the writer should keep the introduction brief which explains the matter of the article as a whole so that the reader knows what he is looking for in the article just by reading the introductory lines.
- The word you should be used at least once. This personalizes the article. And the reader feels that the author is indicating them in person. So it immediately makes the reader focus at the article. Because the reader feels it is him the author is talking about.
- Define the purpose of the article in one or two sentences so that the reader understands what the author is trying to say.
- The message of the author on why the readers should take interest in reading the article should be loud and clear in the introduction itself.It helps to develop a sense of requirement in the reader’s mind which in turn increases the self-interest of the reader to read the article. It should be kept in mind that every reader reads an article with a motive or a purpose. Without any purpose the reader loses interest so the writer should make sure that the purpose is being heard clearly by the readers.
- The article should refer to a relevant problem and focus on proving the reader with a solution to it. Preferably a problem that the reader can relate to or is currently dealing with. The reader should be able to communicate his awareness of the problem so that the reader does not feel he or she is the only one suffering. And then come up with a solution. Articles that refer to solutions of problems of any kinds gain high readership. Because, people are searching for solutions to their problems all the time.
- Stories can also work in introduction to develop interest in a reader but there is a way of telling it. It can be critical if not used in the proper manner. Short stories that create spark of curiosity in the readers. Once the readers can relate to the characters they automatically develop interest in the article. Whereas on the other hand long stories can turn the readers off.
- Inclusion of statistics in the form of facts and figures can add value to the article. In case of news articles the journalists start the article with an interesting statistic or information for that matter which is very new to the reader. This is another way of creating interest.
In order to write good articles which can retain a reader’s attention students often seek the help of essay writers who can help students create strong introductions and powerful articles.
Whenever any reader thinks of writing an article a considerable amount of thought should be given into the introduction, So that the article retains public interest. It should compel a reader to read past the introduction.
The writer should make sure that the introduction he is creating is fresh, engaging, and unique for any reader.
The reader is always more interested in reading about himself and looking for the solutions to the problems he is dealing with rather than something else. So, accordingly the article should indicate to a problem that the reader can relate to and offer a solution to it in order to increase readership.
The article should create a sense of requirement and urgency right from the introduction which compels the reader to read after the introduction.
Introductions are tough and the most important part in an article before conclusion. So, writers should not hesitate at all if they feel the need to rewrite an introduction.
To conclude we can say that there are ten steps to write an effective introduction. They are as follows-
- Keep the introduction short and simple.
- The title should not be repeated in the introduction. It creates a bad impression.
- The introduction should be kept short and brief covering the entire matter of the article.
- The word ‘ you’ should be used at least once so that the article has a personal touch and the readers can connect themselves to the article instantly.
- One or two sentences should brief the reader on what the article is all about.
- One or two sentences should explain to the reader why the article is important for him to read and create a sense of urgency in the reader’s mind.
- The article should refer to a relevant concern that the readers are dealing with or might relate to offering them with the solution.
- Stories if used correctly can be very interesting in an introduction depending on how it is written. Short relevant crisp stories that the readers can connect to be very good for introductions where as long irrelevant stories can make a reader loose interest.
- Using of data and information in the introduction of an article that the readers are not aware of is also a great way of writing an article.
- You should go through the introduction again after completing the article to see whether it is developing interest or not. If required the readers should not hesitate to change the introduction as many times they feel until they are satisfied with the results.
ArabEssay provides online assignment help to students from all spheres where they are assisted by profession assignment writers and proof readers who help them in creating unique attractive essays for their assignments within the given time-frame.